London JS Night Class: Web Sockets & Multi-user Networks
Fig. 1 We are working with Kornel Lesinski @pornelski to bring you a five week course on building web-based games. The first three weeks will be based on stand-alone things you need to learn such as building game graphics, animation and creating multiplayer networks. Weeks four and five will work on taking what you learned previously and putting it to work in creating your first web game.
Week Three: Web Sockets and Multi-User Applications
- Learn how to send information to clients and create multi-user networks.
- Learn how to deploy web sockets
- Learn to connect to clients and send information over to them.
- Learn how to talk to multiple clients at once, from one server.
- Explore the use of server-sent events
- Measure Lag/Ping time and learn to avoid overwhelming the client with too much information.
What you'll need:
- A Laptop
Building Web-Based Games:
- Week One: Canvas and Canvas Animation
- Week Two: 2D Web Physics
- Week Three: Web Sockets and Multi-User Applications
- Weeks Four and Five: How to Structure a Game
|Building web-based games|
|Where||Google Campus, 4-5 Bonhill Street, London, EC2A 4BX|
|When||18th June 2013 (18:30 - 21:30)|