London JS Night Class: Git Workshop
Fig. 1 An evening workshop hosted by Kornel Lesinski @pornelski; for those who want to learn all the things they should have learned when they started out with Git. Go from being a complete beginner to highly proficient; learning the theory behind Git, all the necessary commands you need to get by and more advanced things like publishing patches and creating Git hooks.
What you'll learn:
- The theory of Git: How it works and basic terms & concepts.
- How to commit, push, pull and move files.
- How to undo mistakes
- How to recover from the “strange and stupid” situations that arise when using Git
- How to accept and publish patches
- How to deploy your changes to your live server.
- How to create Git Hooks; where Git will perform an action of your choice upon receiving a new commit (send an email notification of changes, deploy to website)
What you'll need:
- A Laptop
|Where||Google Campus, 4-5 Bonhill Street, London, EC2A 4BX|
|When||14th May 2013 (18:30 - 21:30)|